Finally Got an Appointment with My Doc and Bought Some Expensive Coffee Beans Too

Wednesday January 14, 2015 Guerneville CA.

Plans quickly change for the day

The phone rang just as I was ready to pop out of bed this morning. The VA appointment guy was on the line and wanted me to make an appointment. I said, OK, let’s do it. So I made an appointment with my primary care doctor for 1:30 today.

No kayaking for me today. :O)

Peet’s coffee

I had a little time to kill, so I went over to Peet’s coffee and bought two pounds of dry processed coffee for 22.50 a pound which I’m hoping doesn’t have any corn stuff in it. It’s called Arabian Mocha Sanani  which I think is their most expensive coffee.

That taken care of I went to Wal-Mart to get a couple things and then went over for my appointment which was close by, a little on the early side .

My doc

I talked with the doc and he put me in for the next step, to see the Gastrointestinal Doc. Now I have to wait for them to contact me to make an appointment in three to five days. I bet we have some more phone problems as I’m mostly not by the thing most of the day.

One step at a time. Don’t mess with these BBQ brushes with the real small wires. It’s just not worth it.

Tried to get some pipe insulation, but no

On the way home, I stopped at the local hardware store to try and get some pipe insulation for our 2 inch PVC pipe that broke across the creek during the last storm. You’d think they’d have that, but no they don’t. I guess I’ll have to go to a commercial hardware place to get it.

I went to the local grocery store to get some food items and then came on home.

I ground up some of this coffee and brewed a cup. It seems ok, and really has quite a caffeine kick.

One of the reasons I am willing to pay that much for coffee beans is because of my corn allergy. There are very few drinks I can drink as most have some kind of corn stuff in them, even most of the so called healthy fruit juices. Most people don’t realize that most of the fruit juices have as much corn stuff in them as the so called bad sodas.

I puttered around the yard a bit, not doing much of anything, then came in for a nap and that was my day.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.